Friday, September 16, 2011

To Blog Or Not To Blog



Seems like quite a number of people on my blog list has updated their blogs this week except me. I was having problems viewing my blog last week and had to upgrade to Google Chrome, so all is well now and I have no more excuses not to update.


I notice that with so many available social networking sites nowadays, it's getting harder to think of things to post on my blog. Let's say I left my cake in the oven for too long and it got burnt, I could just grab my phone and post on Facebook:


Burnt my cake! Forgot to watch the clock 


...and to show how I feel I would add :(

And I could also take a photo of the cake with my phone and upload it immediately...and all my friends would know what had happened in just a few minutes after I have removed my blackened cake from the oven...wow!


That would be so much easier than sitting down to type a new post in my blog, checking my grammar and punctuation, and then having to upload photos from my phone to the PC and from my PC to the blog.


Despite all this, the satisfaction of creating a well-written blog post complete with pretty pictures is...great. Sometimes I'm just amazed at the number of people dropping by my blog each day.


So while I use social networking websites, I will still discipline myself to update my blog at least once a week (yes, for me it does take discipline to sit down and type because as all moms would agree, there's so many other things to do daily). As I share bits and pieces of my life here I hope that I have brightened your day somewhat :)



2 comments:

YuinTing said...

I enjoy reading your blog, so please keep blogging!
At times I find it real interesting... with just a click of a button, you find some blogger friends that you can click with :-)

Sunny-Cookie said...

Hi Yuin Ting,

Yes, it is nice to have blogger friends. I often visit your blog too, although I don't always leave a comment. FB may be quick but blogging is fun and it keeps my mind active :)