Monday, December 26, 2011

'Tis The Season

It's been a very busy but fun week. I had tons to do - organize a Christmas party, plan for the church caroling, practice with the church musicians for our Christmas Service as well as rehearse with the children for our annual Christmas presentation in church on Christmas  Day besides baking cookies, shopping for gifts and wrapping them, sending my daughter for her ballet practices and performances... and the list goes on and on...


Sometimes I wish I didn't have so much to do before Christmas Day, that I could just have a relaxing week but I suppose Christmas would then become like any other ordinary day. It's all the planning and excitement that leads up to December 25th that makes Christmas Day that special time of the year. Seeing the joy on the faces of people whom we give gifts to, spending time with family over a home-cooked dinner and receiving gifts knowing that people took the effort to handpick gifts just for me...makes everything worthwhile.


While all the gift-giving and merry-making is good, we can easily lose sight of the true meaning of Christmas...that God gave the BEST gift of all to mankind -  the gift of His only Son as Saviour to a world in darkness. So, Happy Birthday Jesus! 






My brother-in-law posted this cute video in Facebook and it reminded me of all the cookies I baked for Christmas (and ate), so I thought I would share it here...see if you find yourself cheering for Ormie...and gasp at the last scene. I sure did :)





Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: