Monday, June 18, 2012

Amazing English

Most people, especially typists, would know that this sentence contains all the 26 letters of the alphabet:


THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG


But did you know that there are also numerous other sentences? I didn't, until I did some research on the internet:


Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. 


Crazy Fredericka bought many very equisite opal jewels.

Amazingly few discotheques provide jukeboxes.



Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow!


Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz.


A quick movement of the enemy will jeopardize six gunboats.


Wafting zephyrs quickly vexed Jumbo.


Today, a cousin of mine posted this on Facebook and I found it so amazing that I just had to share it:


"I do not know where family doctors acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting; nevertheless, extraordinary pharmaceutical intellectuality counterbalancing indecipherability transcendentalizes intercommunication's incomprehensibleness." 
(found in MedicalHumour on Facebook)


This is a sentence where the first word is 1 letter long, the second word is 2 letters long....the eighth word is 8 letters long and so on... and the twentieth word is twenty letters long! The person who made this sentence must be a vocabulary genius!

Lately, I have been enjoying the funny "Oh My English!" advertisement clips aired on TV. Here's one mistake that my kids and I frequently (and intentionally) make when we speak to each other at home:







No comments: