Friday, June 29, 2012

The Final Solution


I certainly love my neighbourhood but many of my neighbours like to keep cats as pets. I don't really mind those furry creatures roaming around since they control the population of mice and rats in the area. However, these cats have this very annoying habit of using my garden as their personal litter box. I know I have blogged about it before - twice, in fact - which goes to show how annoyed I am at their toilet habits, but it's difficult to catch the cat in the act since it can somehow sense that I would strongly disapprove and would probably catch hold of it and wring its little neck if I could. 


A recent incident that made me blow my top was when a certain cat left something sticky and smelly... right.on.my.doorstep!! There was urine on my slippers and poo next to my doormat! 


This called for drastic measures to make sure kitty doesn't do what it did again...ever!


I bought pieces of sticky fly paper from Giant hypermart. Then I proceeded to cut them into little squares and placed them on my porch, sticky side up.


And whaddaya know...the next morning there was a piece of sticky paper with some white fur stuck to it. Needless to say, that particular kitty decided use someone else's porch for its toilet needs after that experience.


But that didn't stop other cats from dirtying my garden. So I left sticky pieces of fly paper all over the grass too. This seemed to work but I worried that the wind might blow those little pieces over to my next door neighbour's laundry or car...and my next door neighbours do not own a single cat, so it might be wise to be on good terms with them.


So as a last resort, and with a great big sigh, my front gate is now 'wired'...


Not a pretty sight...but it's either this or more poop-scooping. 





No comments: