Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Birthday Celebrations

It has been a month of birthday celebrations. My daughter, SweetTeen, turned 15. Then my dad-in-law had a large-scale celebration for his 76th birthday - invited all his relatives and close friends. My mom also turned 76, and just a few days ago my son, CoolTeen, turned 19. I suppose I would have to give him another nickname next year when he's no longer a teenager.

Just a quick recap of the birthday cakes that we had this year....
SweetTeen loves stars,
so I made fondant stars for her chocolate cake
Dad-in-law's pandan layered cake. Can't take
any credit for this because I ordered it from a bakery.
Love the fresh cream chinese peaches - a symbol
for longevity
My mom's chocolate mousse cake, also bought
from a bakery. See the difference between professional

and amateur bakers? :)
CoolTeen's snare drum cake. It looks simple
but the fondant decorations
took me the whole afternoon to create.

Now I remember why I seldom make fondant cakes!
CoolTeen received a rather creative present from one of his friends who knew that he liked Milo...

The whole box with the logo on the cover
was homemade - a treasure chest of Milo bars
and 3-in-1 Milo powder!
A friend of mine posted this video on Facebook this morning and I was amazed at how much I could identify with it. This is Katrina Kenison reading from a chapter from the book 'The Gift Of An Ordinary Day'. It reminds me to appreciate my children every single day, for they are truly precious gifts.
Warning: tissues needed!


No comments: