Saturday, July 13, 2013

21 Years, And Counting

"Marriage: Love is the reason. Lifelong friendship is the gift. Kindness is the cause. Til' death do us part is the length." 
~ Fawn Weaver

Hubby and I just celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary a few days ago. That's a lot of years together and I am so very blessed to have married someone whom I can call my BFF (Best Friend Forever).

Hubby took a day off from work and I made arrangements with my son, CoolTeen, to fetch his sister from school and to tuition class so that hubby and I could spend the day together without being tied down to the daily routine. Rewarded CoolTeen with his favourite Hawaiian Chicken pizza from Pizza Hut.

We went to Low Yat Plaza to get the external hard disk for my XBox fixed because there was a problem with the games hanging in the middle of play. Had lunch at U-Village, a restaurant specializing in Hong Kong cuisine, situated in Sungei Wang facing Low Yat Plaza. This place is very popular with those who work nearby and was quickly filled up soon after 12noon.
The char siew is good here.
Trying out some nice angles for the photo,
putting into practice what I learnt in
photography class last week :)
Did some window shopping to walk off the lunch and then proceeded to Arthur's Hokkaido Mille Crepe Cake on the 3rd floor of Sungei Wang Plaza for their famed crepe cake, which is essentially layers and layers of cream and paper-thin crepe which just melts in your mouth.
Hubby chose the chocolate banana version.
Nice!
I chose the original flavour, which was
a little too rich for me.
Then we decided to look for a waffle maker to add to my ever-growing collection of kitchen appliances. Found out that this is not an easy task - sandwich makers are aplenty but waffle makers could hardly be seen anywhere. The Takada brand in Parkson has a mini waffle maker (emphasis on mini ) and we didn't think that it would be very useful.  So off we went to Mid Valley Megamall where there would be more stores selling appliances. 

Saw a Kenwood one at Harvey Norman's but it came with 3 inter-changeable metal plates - one for making sandwiches, one for grilling and one for making waffles. Finally we found the one that we liked at Aeon (formerly known as Jusco), and it was affordably priced at just RM49.




When I got home and took everything out of the box,
this is what I found - an instruction manual that says
'Waffle Maker' on the cover but inside are instructions
on how to make toasted sandwiches - go figure!
Had a short rest at home, then came the highlight of the evening...dinner at the French restaurant Cafe Cafe, which is described as the most beautiful restaurant in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. 

It's fine dining in a cosy, romantic dimmed-lights sort of setting. The last time we went to such a fancy restaurant was years ago but this place was highly recommended by a friend and we thought we would give it a try. I was so glad I decided to dress up a bit instead of wearing my usual T-shirt and jeans because everyone who walked in was dressed formally, including the waiters!

Antique furniture, chandeliers from the ceiling,
large windows with soft drapes
and soothing music transform this place into
a cosy dining experience.
Each table lit up with a tiny
tea-light.
This is me trying very hard to read the menu
with my poor-night-vision pair of eyes
until the waiter graciously lent me
a pen torchlight.




I can't remember the names of what we ate since I could hardly read the menu in the dim lighting, but I know we had some buns for starters, French onion soup, hubby had duck and chocolate cake while I had grilled prawns and lemon tart. The plates were huge but the portions, though delicious, were rather small even for a small-eater like me. For the price of the meal we could have stuffed our tummies to the max at a fancy hotel buffet dinner, so this is a place that we would not be visiting again anytime soon.

All in all, a very relaxing day spent with my dearest. Looking forward to many many more anniversary celebrations to come :)

2 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Sunny Cookie, Congratulations! Wishing you and hubby many, many more to come, with lots of sunshine, laughter and good health.
A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.
And the most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart.
Best regards, keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

Sunny-Cookie said...

Hi Uncle Lee,

Thanks for your kind wishes. A song in the heart is always a wonderful thing!