Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Afternoon In The Kitchen

My modem finally came to the end of its useful life (how sad), and the kids and I had no internet connection for the entire day. So while the kids went at each other's throats out of boredom, I decided to put my bread machine to work...and hid myself in the kitchen to escape my noisy kids.

Photobucket
I have a cheap breadmaker which I use just to knead dough. Then I transfer the dough into my larger electric oven for the baking process. When using a breadmaker, the order in which we add the ingredients is very important:


Photobucket

1) 300ml of cold water

2) 1 egg

3) 4 Tbsp of dried yeast

4) 60 g of butter

5) 600g of bread flour

6) 4 Tbsp of powdered milk

7) 12 Tbsp of sugar

8) 1/2 tsp of salt

Just set the machine to knead, and switch it off before it starts to bake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let the dough rise for 45 mins, then shape into buns.

Leave in a dry, warm place for 45 mins before baking.

Photobucket

Bake for 20-25 mins at 190 degrees. Brush with melted butter when removed from oven.

Photobucket

Some cinnamon rolls which Miss PreTeen helped to make (her favourite).

Photobucket

Aaah...nothing beats the smell of buns baking in the oven...except eating them, of course!



2 comments:

杨 霓 said...

Look yummmy....!!!
wow..this cheap breadmaker can do also...can I know how much is it??

Sunny-Cookie said...

Around RM200. Cheap breadmaker cannot bake nice bread, not powerful enough, can only knead. The good ones are about RM400+