Friday, November 14, 2008

The Waiting Game

Photobucket
Spent about one fifth of today ‘waiting’. I sent my car for servicing and waited. Read a magazine and a few chapters of a Christian book. I was told that it would take 2 to 2 ½ hours, but thankfully I got my car back in 1 hour.

Fetched my son from school today – went early to book a parking spot before the other parents arrive. Played my daughter’s Gameboy while waiting. It’s rush hour, so I tried to take a shortcut but took a wrong turn instead. Got caught in a bumper to bumper crawl and had to wait in the traffic jam for an hour.


Wanted to take my kids to the pasar malam but got caught in a heavy downpour on the way there and decided to turn around, but got caught in traffic again as cars tried to maneuver past a flooded section of the road. The only silver lining was that the 16 inch wheels of my family car could take me through flooded roads while smaller cars had to stop. (grins)

No comments: