Monday, August 31, 2009

New Movie UP

Photobucket

Brought my little 5 year-old nephew for his first movie at the cinaplex during the school holidays last week. We went to watch the new Pixar movie, Up. Miss PreTeen had waited impatiently for this movie ever since she watched the trailer sometime in July. CoolTeen came along too, and I was rather surprised that he offered to take his little cousin to the restroom before the movie started as he generally doesn't like being around little children.

The movie is about a grumpy old man, Carl, who ties thousands of helium-filled balloons to his house to travel to a place called Paradise Falls where he and his late wife had always planned to go. Then there's this very annoying yet charming boy called Russell who happens to be on the porch as Carl's house lifts off the ground, and Carl has no choice but to let Russell tag along with him.

The movie is a little long at 2 hours...but if my active little nephew could sit through it without getting restless and bored, then I think it's a pretty good movie. My kids and I enjoyed it very much even though we saw the 'normal' version and not the 3D one.

Here is a trailer from the movie. My favourite scene is the one where Russell asks if he could "be of assistance" and Carl tries to slam the door.









No comments: