Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's Been 22 Years



Our church celebrated her 22nd anniversary yesterday with a colourful flag dance by the children and a short drama by the youths. It's been 22 years and I have been a part of this church from the very beginning, when I had just finished my studies. It has been my privilege to serve in the music department as well as put up stage presentations on special occasions like Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, our church anniversary and of course, Christmas.

Hubby faithfully helps me record all the presentations with his trusty videocam and I have quite a collection of them by now. It's such a joy to see ideas that play in my head become a reality on the stage. The few minutes before 'showtime' is always the nail-biting moments because things could always go wrong, but by the grace of God everything always falls into place...because all this is done for His honour and glory. God is good.

2 comments:

YuinTing said...

I'm sure you're talented and musically inclined.

Benjamin Franklin told us – “Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What’s a sundial in the shade?”

Working with our talents makes work… play!

Sunny-Cookie said...

Yes, our abilities and talents, no matter how big or small, can always be put to good use!