Monday, October 11, 2010

Say What?!

Hubby's phone had started giving problems, it would frequently 'hang' in the middle of an application and he would have to restart his phone, so I said that perhaps he should trade it in for a new phone before it totally broke down.

Touch screen phones are all the rage these days, so hubby traded in his old HTC for a new touch-screen one...nice!
As with all new phones, it takes quite a bit of getting used to, and one day hubby was typing an SMS to a sick colleague and he wanted to type 'take care' but somehow the spellcheck function turned it into 'take crap'! Thankfully he checked his SMS before tapping SEND! I'm quite sure the person receiving the SMS would really be offended...imagine being sick and receiving a 'take crap' message...haha!

It shows that we can't be 100% dependent on modern technology and devices. Calling someone to convey a message is always better than a long SMS, though I admit I do use SMS more than making calls because of the convenience...sometimes the other person may not be free to talk when I call. But having said all that, I still believe that the human touch always makes a difference ;)

No comments: