Friday, October 7, 2011

Light Sleeper Heavy Sleeper

I find it quite fascinating that my 2 children are so opposite in their character, habits and preferences.


SweetTeen is a very light sleeper (like her mom) and every little sound during the night would wake her from her sleep. For the past 2 nights, clicking sounds from the ceiling fan in her bedroom have been keeping her awake. So it's dad the handyman to the rescue, and after a bit of cleaning the fan is now silent once again, much to SweetTeen's relief.

CoolTeen, on the other hand, would be dead to the world once he falls asleep. Whenever the house alarm goes off in the middle of the night triggered by lizards in the attic, he would be the only one sleeping through all the noise. 


So when a friend posted this video on Facebook, it seems like a very familiar scene in CoolTeen's room in the mornings, especially the part where he tugs at the blanket to cover his head. I have always been the only one in the family who can wake him up (usually with a few smacks on the rear) and I wonder how he will manage to wake up in time for his classes when he goes away to university in the not-too-distant future....






The older generation thought nothing of getting up at five every morning, and the younger generation doesn't think much of it either - John J. Welsh

2 comments:

YuinTing said...

Very interesting post :-)
My family also has light and heavy sleepers. I remember when I was newly wed, once I quarreled with my hubby before going to bed. I was so frustrated that I couldn't sleep yet he was already snoring away. Guess even if I kicked him at that time, he also would not had awaken.

Sunny-Cookie said...

Hi Yuin Ting,

Yes, guys seem to sleep very soundly regardless of what happens...and then they don't admit that they snore! :D