Monday, October 31, 2011

SweetTeen's Ballet Concert





SweetTeen's ballet school, Tippy Toes Dance & Art Academy, held their ballet concert on Saturday 29th October at the Theatre in Palace of The Golden Horses. 




She had been pretty excited about it for the past few months, going for practices and rehearsals 3 times a week. On Saturday morning she woke up early, telling me that she couldn't sleep well...probably because of the excitement.




Last week I took her to Sungei Wang to buy false eyelashes for her and her ballet classmates. There's this stall at the 2nd floor that sells them at between RM10 - RM30 for a box of 10 pairs.






She also needed white hairclips for the headpiece that she would be wearing, and since white hairclips are difficult to find, we bought black hairclips and SweetTeen used the liquid correction pen to turn them white!






On the day of  the concert she had to be at the hall by 11.30am for make-up and final rehearsal. I only put foundation, face powder, a little blusher and lipgloss on her face but by the time I reached the Palace of The Golden Horses at 7.20pm I couldn't recognise my own daughter even though she was standing right in front of me! She had been transformed by dramatic stage make up: loads of blue eyeshadow, blusher, lipstick and of course, those very long false eyelashes!


SweetTeen with those dramatic long lashes
Grandpa, grandma, auntie and CoolTeen came along for the concert. I think everyone enjoyed themselves watching the ballet except CoolTeen, who had an eyeful with these scantily-clad ladies...

belly-dancing!

2 comments:

YuinTing said...

Now only I realise you and Nini's daughters are from the same ballet school :-)
All the girls looked so beautiful on the stage. I'm sure they gave a great performance.
WOW! I never expected the performance to include belly dancing. I once took a free trial class but gave up...I was just too stiff!
I love watching ballet. Can you make an announcement in your blog a few weeks before the next performance?

Sunny-Cookie said...

Yes, that's how I came to know Nini. She's the one who encouraged me to start blogging.
Wow, you tried belly-dancing! I don't think I have the courage to try it...too much spare tyre hanging out, haha!
I'm not sure when the next ballet concert will be since the last one was 3 years ago, but will keep you informed :)