Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I Won A Prize!

I don't usually buy magazines to read, but once in a while I would buy Her World or Female magazine just to have a look at the current trends in fashion and make up...well, we stay-at-home moms need to keep our looks up-to-date too. My mother taught me that although we may be housewives, we must always look presentable in and out of the house, so that we don't get mistaken for the maid! I think that's good advice, don't you? :)

Most of these women's magazines have contests that we can enter by answering a few simple questions and mailing the form back to the publishers.   So in November last year I entered a few of these contests just for the fun of it and had forgotten all about them, until I received a letter in the mail a few weeks ago informing me that I had won some L'Oreal hair products.

I'm not one who wins in contests and I always envy some of my friends who seem to have the magic touch when it comes to winning, so this was a very pleasant surprise indeed! My good friend MK was so kind to drive me all the way to Petaling Jaya, quite a distance from where I live, just to collect my prize.


I was told the that this collection is worth at least RM200...wow!

I like this quote by Jason Mraz (yes, the singer-songwriter):

“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.”  

While this is true, it sure feels good to win sometimes. 
**big smile**



No comments: