Monday, April 6, 2009

Charcoal Bun

I was at Sungai Long yesterday and I was looking for something to buy for supper. Usually hubby and I will have some cake or pastry and milo before going to bed (and I wonder why I can't seem to lose the extra fat round my tummy...haha!) There are 2 bakeries there - King's and the other one is called Venice (have you noticed that quite a number of bakeries are named after places round the world? New Zealand Confectionery, Sydney Cake House, La Manila...).

I saw this rather unappetizing bun at Venice Cake House...the label says 'Charcoal Bun'.
DSC01396
Being an adventurous person where food is concerned, I bought one to try. It is actually some kind of Japanese bun with a generous amount of red bean filling....tastes great, but I keep getting the feeling that I am eating mouldy bread because the outside is black and the inside is dark gray. This is definitely something a person should eat while blindfolded! (hubby would definitely NOT eat it no matter how good it tastes!)

No comments: