Monday, March 8, 2010

Orange Recipes Needed


One thing about us Chinese is that we are always so willing to 'give and take', especially during Chinese New Year. I bought a box of mandarin oranges because it is a tradition to give mandarin oranges when I visit friends and relatives during the 15 days of the Chinese New Year celebrations.

I bring a bag of oranges and New Year goodies to my brother's home, and his wife gives me another bag of oranges and goodies in return.

I bring a bag of oranges and New Year goodies to hubby's aunty's home, and she gives me another bag of oranges and goodies in return.

It's the same wherever I go.

In Cantonese it's called yau lei yau hui (roughly translated as 'what comes in must go out')

So it's back to square one.


I still have a whole big basket of oranges, not to mention jars and jars of cookies...cookies I eat (no wonder I can't seem to shed the pounds after Chinese New Year!) but mandarin oranges...not so keen.

Hmm...got to find some recipes using mandarin oranges....(hubby said I should have thrown them all into the lake on Chap Goh Mei...he doesn't know what it symbolizes...haha).

No comments: