Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flexing Some Brain Muscles

I was shopping with Miss PreTeen when we came across some interesting-looking metal puzzles. They seemed quite easy to solve so I got a box for PreTeen. After all, these puzzles are supposed to be good exercise for the brain. Besides, this is a kid's toy so how difficult would it be?


Well...much more difficult than I thought!
As usual, the intructions were of not much help at all. So we had to try and solve them on our own. All 4 of us tried...without much success at first, then I managed to solve the easiest one.
So after a few days of frustration...I decided to look for the solution on the internet. Found a few video clips on YouTube for this one...



And finally...after many, many tries...hubby solved one more and tonight I solved the last one...voila!

At least I'm relieved that our gray matter has not deteriorated too much with age...phew!
(btw, the kids are still struggling with the puzzles...!)


2 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Sunny Cookie, I have always enjoyed fooling around with these puzzles as it helps exercise my rusty brain. However it is that Rubic cube that I still fail to put back together....and not for trying either.

Sometimes I'll have a puzzle in my pocket to keep myself occupied when at a mall sitting on a bench while waiting for my wife browsing in a shoe store.
And you know what women are like when seeing shoes on special offer, ha ha.
Have a pleasant week, and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

Sunny-Cookie said...

Hi Uncle Lee,

Yes, that Rubic cube is quite a challenge!

My spouse and kids know too well what women are like when seeing shoes on offer - they always try to steer me away from shoe stores whenever we go to the mall, haha!