Saturday, April 30, 2011

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

The other day while driving I saw this, and I just had to stop my car and snap a photo of it...






...sunbeams shining through dark clouds.








This is one of my all-time favourite scenes as it reminds me that something good can come out of a difficult situation.

As a little girl I have always been strangely fascinated by thunderstorms...I loved to watch lightning streak across the sky and would close my ears in anticipation of the loud thunder that would follow. I would stand at the window and watch the swaying trees in the pouring rain knowing that the storm would only last for a period of time, after which the raindrops would gradually stop pelting down and everything would be calm once more...and I was glad that all the trees and grass would have enough water to sustain them till the next downpour.

Now when it rains I just feel like curling up in bed under the blankets and taking a snooze...!

As I celebrated Easter last Sunday, I am reminded of what God has done out of love, and I am reassured that I never need to weather the storms of life alone because He keeps me safe.

No comments: