Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool Prank

It's been ages since I last played a prank on anyone on April Fool's Day. I remember how when I was in school, my friends and I were quite daring and every year we gleefully looked forward to the 1st of April so that we could play pranks on our teachers in school. Wetting all the pieces of chalk was a common prank but one time it backfired when one of our teachers came into class and asked a student to write something on the blackboard instead. Another time our entire class decided to swap classrooms with the class next door and when the teacher came in, she looked puzzled thinking she had stepped into the wrong classroom!

Childish pranks took a back seat after I finished schooling and started work. Then I met my hubby-to-be.

He always had this mischievious glint in his eye and on April Fool's Day a few months before we were to get married, we played a prank on his best man.

We told him that we had quarrelled and had decided to break up. So I called him up and told him to pass a message to hubby-to-be, telling him that it's over and that I didn't want to speak to him anymore. I threw in all my acting skills and tried to sound very upset, and it worked because hubby's best man tried his best to pacify me and get me to 'patch things up'. At least it was done over the phone or else I don't think I could have kept a straight face throughout the conversation! But he was such a sweet guy and really concerned for the both of us, so he was really relieved when I told him that it was just an April Fool joke...awwww.

Since then I have been behaving myself, but today I just couldn't resist the urge to do something naughty. So I looked up the internet and found some ideas for an April Fool prank. I put masking tape over the sensor at the bottom of CoolTeen's computer mouse (the cursor will not move when he tries to use his mouse). Then I had to go out after lunch before he started using his computer.


When I came home, I asked him if there was any problem with his mouse. He wasn't too pleased that he got fooled but he was gracious about it and just smiled. Then he told me that he thought his mouse wasn't working so he banged it on the table a few times...and I gasped!

I asked him, "You didn't damage your mouse, did you?"

"Nope."

And I breathe a sigh of relieve...that prank could have cost me the price of a new mouse!
(at least CoolTeen discovered the masking tape before he wrecked his mouse)

No comments: