Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bake, Bake, Bake

A few days after bringing back samples from my recent baking class, hubby asked if I was going to bake any macarons. I had already tried baking chocolate cupcakes using the pre-mix powder that I got for free from attending the baking class, and they turned out beautifully, so I was all excited about making my 'Angry Bird Cupcakes'. Tried making a red 'Angry Bird' out of fondant (following the step-by step instructions from this page) only to realise that the recent hotspell we've been experiencing was making my fondant turn overly soft and gooey whenever I tried to fashion it into shapes, so it became really time-consuming to fashion even one bird and I had to quickly take photos of it before it started to melt in the humid weather. Hubby thought he would try making one too....


my red 'angry bird'

 
hubby's 'angry bird'...not too bad


'angry bird' sitting on a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting


Making the 'Angry Birds' was a real challenge so those were the only 2 birds that we made...now I'm wondering what to do with the rest of the fondant that I had so painstakingly coloured.

Bought the macaron pre-mix powder and thankfully they turned out well...

pink macaron batter piped onto baking sheet... getting them all the same size wasn't as easy as I thought it would be

Made 2 batches, the pink ones turned out nice although the blue ones were a little burnt, but both tasted great :)

 

No comments: