Sunday, June 14, 2009

Camerons Getaway Day 1

Went on a short 3-day holiday to Cameron Highlands last Monday to escape the hot weather in KL. Brought along my parents-in-law. Took the new, more scenic (although longer) route up to the mountains.

Stopped for lunch at Bidor.
Photobucket

I had curry chicken mee. My dad-in-law had pork rib noodles which he said was quite good. Too bad I didn't snap a photo of it. The rest had wantan mee, which my mum-in-law said isn't as good as it used to be.
Photobucket

Took a slow drive and reached Camerons around 3.30 pm. Hubby's aunt has a fully furnished holiday apartment in Tanah Rata which she so graciously let us use, provided we clean up before we left.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Had steamboat dinner at the Water Cress Valley restaurant where they use charcoal instead of a gas stove for the steamboat pot. I suppose that was the only unique attraction besides their watercress juice. The herbal soup was rather bland and dinner for the 6 of us came up to RM144...ouch!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Went to the Brinchang pasar malam after dinner. CoolTeen and PreTeen bought some T-shirts while my in-laws bought lots of snacks for supper until hubby reminded them that we might not be able to finish all that food...

No comments: