Friday, January 22, 2010

Busy Start To The New Year


Feeling guilty that I haven't been blogging very consistently lately...still getting used to a new weekly schedule, both mine and the kids'. My calendar is packed to the brim with all kinds of activities...school, tuition classes, music classes, dance classes, sports, church activities, doctor's appointments, etc. Miss PreTeen has taken up basketball this year and is also in her school marching band, so she stays back in school quite a lot. CoolTeen hasn't started staying back for any extra-curricular activities yet but has tuition classes 4 days a week. I am quite pleased that at the moment there is no clash of the time in their activities and I can still manage fetching them to and fro...with a little help from hubby on certain days, of course.

Hubby has also been very busy and has to travel quite a bit this month.
So life has been hectic, but it's always good to squeeze in some time with a friend/friends to help keep me sane...haha.

If there is one thing I've learnt in life, it's this - Life on earth is never perfect, but treating setbacks as challenges and discovering ways to overcome them and move forward is definitely better than indulging in self-pity.

Yes, raising kids is tiring and often times frustrating, but it's also a time when we can 'relive' our younger days as we spend time with them. I remember hubby buying a toy train set for my son when he was about 3 or 4 years old and both of them having fun setting up the train tracks all over the living room...don't know who had more fun,though. I remember winning the much coveted tickets for David Archuleta's mini concert last year and bringing my daughter to watch her favourite singer perform...how we screamed along with all the other teenage girls and sang along to his songs!

Yes, parenting can be fun...but often times I wonder why on earth do people want so many kids(!)...especially during times when as a parent I have to be strict...when I have to discipline my kids for their own good...when I am viewed as the 'bad guy' in their eyes...sigh...but having said that, I wouldn't trade having kids for anything else in this whole wide world!


No comments: