Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Poor Little Car




Speaking of cars...I seem to be getting my little car repaired quite a lot over the past few months, and it's going to the workshop again tomorrow morning.

Had a tyre puncture today.

Found TWO screws in my tyre...imagine that! And I have a pretty good idea where it came from since my neighbour across the street is renovating his house and his contractor is extremely messy - leaving planks, sand and bricks everywhere along the street...annoying all the other neighbours as well.

The bad news is hubby is out of town for a few days for a seminar. In theory I know how to change a tyre, but I have never changed a tyre before in all the years that I have had my driver's licence (hey, what are brothers for...and I have 2 of them!) Had to ask my brother-in-law to come over and help, since he stayed about 10 minutes' away.

The good news is hubby didn't drive...the company provided transportation. So I could use his car. I had line dance class this evening and I didn't have to cancel class :)

CoolTeen was all grins because we were actually on the way to his tuition class when the puncture occured, and because I wasn't too far away from home I could drive slowly back to the house. By then he was already 15 minutes late, and the class is only one hour. By the time I reverse hubby's car and send him, he would be about half an hour late for class...so I told him he could skip class for today. When I told hubby over the phone that I drove with a flat tyre I could almost imagine the dollar signs that must have flashed in front of his eyes as he asked, "You didn't damage the rims, did you?"...oops.

No comments: