Friday, January 29, 2010

Healthy Organic Food


My friend MK brought me to this cosy little shop in Damai Perdana, somewhere in Cheras beside SJK (C) Taman Connaught 2, which serves daily lunch at RM5 using organic food...read: vegetarian. I am not particularly keen on a vegetarian diet as I enjoy meat (a lot!), so I was a little hesitant when MK invited me to have lunch at this place...what more a meal prepared using no salt or seasoning!

Surprisingly, the food is good, although a little bland. But as soon as the tongue adjusts to the lack of seasoning, I begin to taste the natural sweetness and flavour of the food...which makes me wonder about how much seasoning and (artificial) flavouring we actually have in our daily food.


Tried their 5 Colour Noodles. Although I was quite full that day from a heavy breakfast, I was surprised that I did not feel bloated as I finished the rather large portion of noodles.

Tuesday is Nasi Lemak day...and it's brown rice with dhall curry, vegetables, roasted peanuts and a half slice of hardboiled egg, plus soup.

The other plus point is that Sam, the young owner, will come and chitchat as if he was an old friend while we have our lunch. Ask him anything about organic food and he'll be pleased to answer all queries.

Nope, I haven't turned into a health food fanatic yet...still love my meat..but this is a nice alternative when eating out :)

No comments: