Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This Stuff Really Works!

I was at the pharmacy the other day to get some Vitamin C when I saw this new product near the cashier counter. Always game to try something new, I went to have a closer look. It was a display rack full of Eco-Pro products from Australia and the thing that caught my attention were the words non-toxic, bio-degradable household cleaning products.

DSC01571
I was particularly interested in the Oil Removal product because I had been putting off cleaning the cooker hood in my kitchen for quite a long while. It's a job that i dread doing because it is so time-consuming having to boil water and soaking all the parts until the grease comes off. It could take about 1 to 2 hours to completely clean the whole thing, and trying to remove thick grease from the filter is really NOT a pleasant job. When I'm done, everything else becomes greasy and sticky...the sink, the cleaning sponge and brush, my hands...ewww!

Most oil removal products are very harsh on the hands and this one promises to be safe on human skin. So I bought one for RM10.90 and the first thing I did when I got home was to try it out on my [very dirty] stove.

It was like magic happening before my eyes...I sprayed the oil remover onto my stove and the oil just vanished with a single wipe using the kitchen paper towel. Man, this is too good to be true!

DSC01566
The most crucial test was cleaning the little plastic container that collects oil from the cooker hood. See the layer of oil that has turned to brown grease?

DSC01568
Sprayed a little of the product into the container.

DSC01569
The grease started to thin out and I could wipe it off without much problem. I found out that I must not use water...just wipe off with paper towels.

DSC01570
Voila! The sparkling clean container...I have never been able to get it THIS clean before!

The only thing that bothers me is that there is no list of ingredients on the bottle. It just says that it has no hazardous chemicals. I wonder if it is actually just garbage enzyme...I suppose I'll find out when my batch of garbage enzyme is ready early next month and I can compare the two.

In the mean time, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to cleaning my cooker hood...!

2 comments:

ckchan7 said...

wow......recomend us la..and also church members...wana do business? we input a lot of stock..then we do direct selling...good??
profit 50/50....then u demo to the aunties..i do the talking..and collect money..

no choice..economy downturn

Sunny-Cookie said...

haha, wah you really know how to grab an opportunity