Saturday, July 19, 2008

'Cause Today I Am Online

I found this amusing poem at Heart 'n Souls, a website with a collection of heartwarming stories and poems.

All moms need a break now and then, and this is how I feel sometimes...


pic from Alie004

'Cause Today I Am Online
Author: Mom2mean@service.emailfactory.com

I don't wanna do the dishes
I don't wanna do the wash
I sprinkled the clothes a week ago
And now my iron is lost!

I don't wanna rattle pots
I don't wanna rattle pansI
I see the mail light flashin'
I wanna chat with friends!

Oh the tables need some dustin'
and the floor could sure be mopped
But I know if I get started
There'll be no place to stop

The closets are so full
things are falling off the shelves
I wish for cleaning fairies
and magic little elves.

They could sprinkle fairy dust
and twitch their little nose
The windows would be sparkling
I would have no dirty clothes

Oh I know that I'm just dreamin'
My head is in the sky
I must cook that meat that's greying
and bake that apple pie

The Hubby needs a bath
Doggy needs attention
Oh.. the other way around I mean
My brain is in supension

I am runnin' round in circles
I am gettin' nothin' done,
I keep thinking of my web
I am missing all the fun!!!

Well I know I'm not addicted
though I hear that all the time
But I guess this stuff can wait on me
'CAUSE TODAY I'LL BE ONLINE!!!


No comments: