Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Malaysian Style Market

Photobucket
Took my daughter to the Pasar Ramadan near my house. Every year during the puasa month there will be lots of food stalls set up by the residents in the area, selling all kinds of yummy food - grilled chicken, roti, curries, local kuih and drinks. Usually the Malays would drop by after work to get some dinner for their breaking of fast. But it is also popular with people of other races. My daughter and I love kuih, so we decided to get some after school. We were looking for coconut water but the ones we saw had a lot of ice added to it and it would taste rather diluted, so my daughter decided to get a strawberry ice-blended drink instead.
Photobucket
The coloured looked orange but my daughter said that it tasted like strawberry...hmm..?

Photobucket
Found our favourite kuih, mine is the green one and hers is the pink layered one.

Miss PreTeen also mentioned that the buttons on her watch had fallen off (nothing of hers last very long, sigh!) so we went to the Pasar Malam after dinner to try to get one for around RM10. We usually don't buy her very expensive watches because she likes variety, and the battery costs between RM10-RM15...so sometimes it's just cheaper to buy a new watch everytime the battery runs out! My daughter chose a black and red watch, but it cost RM18 because it's water-proof (supposedly!) I got myself an unusual looking watch just for the fun of it....for RM10.
Photobucket

No comments: