Saturday, September 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, what is the significance of a clean desk? - Dr. Laurence J Peter

My other half is extremely neat while I am quite the opposite. I am always leaving my things all over the house whereas he will place everything back in its proper place. I prefer to leave my dished to dry naturally but he will wipe all the dishes and put them back into the kitchen cabinet. I don't quite understand it, after all, I will be using them all again the next day.

Photobucket

Yesterday he decided to do some spring cleaning and emptied our very messy store room. Whenever I enter the store room, I would usually just step or climb over all the stuff to get to whatever it is I am looking for...it was THAT messy! Anyway, he found things that we have forgotten all about...a few extension plugs, a spoilt DVD player, an old telephone answering machine and spare parts to various electrical appliances.

Photobucket



Photobucket
When he was done, the store room looked so neat and tidy...for the first time in a very, very long while! I wonder how long I can keep it looking like this and resist the urge to pile things up!?

No comments: