Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fun Time in Penang



Photobucket


My family and I had a short but very enjoyable holiday in Penang during the Merdeka weekend. We went with Nini and her family on a food-tasting spree. The first night we really stuffed ourselves because Nini's niece took us to all the places with the best food in town...yummy!

After dinner we walked around taking pictures...that's what bloggers do, right? But my photos didn't turn out so well, I think I forgot to adjust the settings on my camera for night time photos...sigh.

Photobucket
Little Shanghai

The hotel next door had a countdown party on the eve of Merdeka Day and we had a great view of the fireworks display at 12 midnight.

On the 2nd night we went to Gurney Drive and got caught in a traffic crawl, with 4 hungry kids in the backseat who kept asking, "Are we there yet?"


Photobucket
Gurney Drive at 11.30 pm


The children had fun playing indoors and outdoors. My son had a close encounter with a jellyfish and broke out in rashes...after that no one wanted to play in the sea anymore.


Photobucket

Photobucket

my kids trying not to sit too close together...my son says, "So that other girls wouldn't get jealous"!

Tried to buy the famous Penang biscuits before leaving the island but they were all sold out...should have bought them earlier!

As usual, my daughter enjoyed herself so much that she didn't want to go home...


No comments: